Sciatica is the tenderness and chronic pain that crops up along the sciatic nerve. Sciatica in many cases flares up when you sit, run; bend over, and in the course of your daily duties. Here are three yoga poses that can bring sciatica relief.
1. Standing Back Twist
• Start this pose by bending your right leg at the knee and place your foot on a chair.
• Position the outer part of your left hand on the outer part of your knee of the right leg.
• Place your right palm on your hip and grip it lightly.
• Twist your torso towards the bent leg while keeping your facing the chair.
• Hold the pose for 5 – 10 deep breaths then switch to the left leg.
2. Downward Facing Dog
• Start by coming to the floor with your hands as well as the knees. Ensure to position the hands slightly ahead of your shoulders and knees directly inline with the hips.
• Turn your toes, spread out your palms, and place the index fingers parallel to each other.
• Breathe out and lift your knees off the floor. Ensure to keep the knees bent with the heels lifted from the floor.
• Ensure to lengthen and turn the tailbone from the back of your pelvis. Proceed to press the tailbone into your pubis and lift up the sitting bones upwards towards the ceiling.
• Straighten the knees and push your heels into the mat as you exhale. Avoid locking the knees as you get into this position. Firm your outer thighs furthermore roll the upper thighs inwards.
• Firm the outer arms as well as press the base of your index fingers firmly into the yoga mat. Lift your inner arms from the wrist to the shoulders. Widen and firm your shoulder blades then draw them to the tailbone.
• Ensure you keep the head fixated between the uppers arms and avoid letting it hang.
3. Twisted Lunge
• While standing on your yoga mat, stand with your feet approximately 3 – 4 feet apart. Bend the right leg at the knee to bring above the ankle at 90 degrees and your left foot at 45 degrees.
• Twist your torso and place your left elbow on the outside of your right bent knee.
• Bend your elbows and bring your palms at your heart.
• Fix your gaze past your right shoulder and hold the pose for 5 – 10 deep breaths. Repeat on the other side.
Sciatica can be a cause of discomfort, and the above poses will bring you the necessary relief. Consult with your physician before trying out the poses.
47 Most Famous Motivational Quotes of All-Time
49 Greatest Love Quotes
37 Inspirational Quotes that Will Change Your Life