We know that wellbeing comes from not dwelling over the past or worrying about the future. Most of our mind time gets wasted over things that really don’t exist in our current reality. However, reflecting on our past actions in a constructive way – as a learning process – can be beneficial as it points us to our strengths and weaknesses. Planning for the future and executing to the plan is a wonderful thing. It at least moves us forward towards achieving our goals and keeps us motivated and joyful. Both of these activities should not occupy too much of our time. Once done, we should be able to let go and carry on with life.
We find that busy people don’t have time to indulge in things that don’t contribute towards their goals in some way. They are what we call successful people. Success does not necessarily mean being rich or having a top notch job. Success is defined by whatever makes us happy and keeps us in the present moment.
Most of us need assistance to let go of incessant thinking. Being in the present does not take all that much effort. All it takes is for us to be willing to let go of our thoughts and completely be involved in whatever it is that is going on at this moment in time. Many a wise person has said this time and again and in various beautifully enriching ways. We only need to pay heed and make it happen for ourselves.
Below are few quotes from well-known people that help bring that perspective. Hopefully it will jolt us out of stupor to “BE IN THE MOMENT”
- “When you are here and now, sitting totally, not jumping ahead, the miracle has happened. To be in the moment is the miracle” ~ Osho
- “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed” ~ Wayne Dyer
- “Life is available only in the present moment. If you abandon the present moment you cannot live the moment of your daily life deeply”. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry – all forms of fear – are caused by too much future, and not enough presence, Guilt, regret, resentment, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non- forgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence” ~ Eckhart Tolle.
- “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly”. ~ Buddha
- “Remember then: there is only one time that is important – Now! It is the most important time because it is the only time when we have any power.” ~ Leo Tolstoy
- “Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously aware that each moment you breathe is a gift”. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
47 Most Famous Motivational Quotes of All-Time
49 Greatest Love Quotes
37 Inspirational Quotes that Will Change Your Life