Starting the day on the right note gives a large dose of positivity and confidence. Especially positive affirmations first thing in the morning! The reason to do this before starting the day is because the mind is just waking up, and it is the appropriate time to set it to how you want your day to go. Doing this in the first 5 – 10 minutes into wakefulness can decide how you feel the rest of the day. It is best to start off looking forward to the day feeling happy, full of energy and ready to tackle any situation. It prepares us for more successes and fulfillment each day.
Now let’s get started. As soon as you wake up and open your eyes in the morning do the following :
1) Smile and feel happy that you are alive to experience all the wonderful gifts of life. Soak into this happiness.
2) Give your body a big and deep stretch in bed. Feel the stretch from head to toe. It gets the blood flowing and notice your mind and body becoming alert.
3) Slowly rise to a comfortable sitting position on your bed.
4) Take a few slow deep breaths feeling each inhalation and exhalation.
5) Express gratitude for everything in your life. Notice the sensations that happen as you do this. It opens your mind and emotions to receive.
6) Now mentally say the following affirmations and stay with feeling that each affirmation generates for a few seconds – ideally up to a minute.
- I feel healthy, happy and strong.
- I accept and love myself just the way I am.
- I am a loving person and people enjoy being with me.
- I have strong bonds with my friends and family.
- I have the knowledge and inner wisdom to make good decisions.
- I am filled with abundance and I can create whatever I wish for my well-being and success.
- I feel one with the universe.
Doing this short daily exercise is the start to a fuller, livelier and richer life and experiences.
47 Most Famous Motivational Quotes of All-Time
49 Greatest Love Quotes
37 Inspirational Quotes that Will Change Your Life