Not getting enough sleep can lead to insomnia and migraine. In order to beat these unhealthy conditions, it is best to boost the relaxation and get better sleeping patterns. This can be achieved by soothing the body and mind before going to bed. Here are top yoga poses that should help you with this method.
1. The Head-to-Knee Pose or the Janu Sirsasana
- This is a procedure that you can do by sitting on the floor but do this without slouching. You also need to extend your legs straight right in front of you. If possible, you can bend your knees to avoid rounding the spine.
- You also need to bend your right knee and open the hip, as you bring the sole of the right foot into your inner left thigh. You just have to put the right knee toward the ground. If in case it doesn’t reach the ground, try to use a cushion to support it.
- Try to inhale and then lengthen your spine.
- As you exhale, you need to bend forward from the hips and over your left leg. Just keep your neck and spine long and put your hands on either side of your left leg. Try to gaze at your left foot’s big toe when you focus on your breath as it moves in and out.
- You can do this on the other side also.
2. The Bound Angle Pose or the Baddha Konasana
- Try to sit on the floor by not slouching as you bring the sole of the feet in front and hold your feet or ankles with your hands.
- If you feel comfy sitting without rounding your lower back, you need to bring your feet as closer to your groin.
- Begin to inhale and try to lengthen the spine.
- When you exhale, you need to bend from the hips forward as you keep your spine long. As you feel your muscles in a relaxed state, try to breathe in and out.
3. The Wide-Angle Seated Forward Bend or the Upavistha Konasana
- Try to sit on the floor in an upright position and try not to slouch.
- Begin to extend the legs in front and in a form of a letter V. Then, place your hands behind your buttocks to achieve balance.
- To ensure that the lower back that is not rounding, try to inhale and lengthen your spine.
- Put your hands in front and exhale as you bend forward from your hips. At this point, you have to focus on your breathing when you lengthen your spine as you inhale and in every exhale relax forward.
4. Legs-Up-the-Wall Pose or the Viparita Karani
- Begin to sit sideways that should be against the wall.
- Try to bring one leg up then the other as you lie flat on your back when you extend your legs up the wall.
- Extend your arms along the sides, while facing your palms up.
- Close your eyes and breathe in and out as you try to relax the pose. When possible, put an eye pillow over your eyes so that you can block the sight.
47 Most Famous Motivational Quotes of All-Time
49 Greatest Love Quotes
37 Inspirational Quotes that Will Change Your Life