Losing face fat is hard as it is one part of the body that cannot be isolated for an intense workout like the core muscles. While a chubby and plump face looks cute on babies, the same kind of face may not be desirable on adults. Facial features loses its contour then the faces become overly fat. So maintaining a healthy weight that gives the face a contoured look is ideal.
As we age and as the metabolism slows down, it becomes harder and harder to lose weight. However, the good news is that there are plenty of strategies that one can employ to lose the unneeded weight.
1) Overall fat burn also helps with losing face fat. Develop a good exercise regimen that contributes to overall weight loss. Getting 2.5 hours of medium to intense cardio workout a week is equivalent to 20 minutes of exercise each day.
2) Drink plenty of water to keep the body hydrated. This prevents the body from holding on to the water which adds more pounds. A study has shown that drinking water increases metabolism by 24%. Drinking warm water with honey also helps shed those unnecessary pounds. Having water can prevent food cravings that make us want to eat sugary or high fat junk foods
3) Eat a healthy, wholesome and balanced diet – one where all the food groups (carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals, healthy sugars as in fruits etc) are part of the meal. Cut out all the processed carbohydrates like cookies, crackers and pasta, which are common culprits of weight gain and increased fat storage.
4) Watch the sodium intake. Excessive sodium causes bloating, facial puffiness and swelling. Processed, canned and frozen food tend to have a lot of sodium. Switch the diet from frozen to freshly cooked meals.
5) Getting good, sound sleep is very important for maintaining a healthy weight. Sleep deprivation causes changes in metabolism, increases food consumption and fat storage. Having a good sleep routine and feeling rested each day helps the body to function at its most efficient.
6) Facial exercise can help melt facial fat and helps keep the facial muscles toned and lean. Facial exercise like puffing of the cheek, clenched teeth smile and puckering of the lips can be done at any time and repeated throughout the day. Getting into the habit of slowly chewing foods while eating also gives the jaw a good exercise.
Keep in mind that a slim face is not always the norm. It is important that current fashion sense not dictate how your face looks. There are some of us whose faces naturally look pretty when it is rounder. Losing too much face fat sags the skin and makes one look older. Having some healthy fat on the face keeps the skin looking younger and wrinkle free. So take a step back and look at your face in the mirror and see if you really need to lose face fat. If your skin looks naturally young, bouncy and wrinkle free then you are all set.
47 Most Famous Motivational Quotes of All-Time
49 Greatest Love Quotes
37 Inspirational Quotes that Will Change Your Life